Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Final Days.

I had a day yesterday.  My brother-in-law's wife.. (my sister out-law?) and I took the ferry to Bainbridge Island out of Seattle.  I am all about getting on the water!
Of course the day was rainy... But that made it all the more perfect last Monday in Seattle.


We stood outside in the freezing wind. It was the BEST view!

I was smiling my biggest smile.











The furthest from shore I'd yet been: 

A long view of Seattle.  Really small. In the distance!

We arrived and I witnessed everyday sights I'd never seen before, so therefore, amazing!  The island approaching.

The ferry pulling in.












The ferry arriving.














The cars exiting.















All new.  I was delighted.   Upon arrival, this wonderous sight:















Wandering around the island...a few choice pix on a rainy wonder-filled day.









































My sister-out-law bought me a pink hat!





And now, it is all about leaving. I've two final understudy rehearsals this week. I'm packing boxes. (I've finished one, working on the second. Hope to mail both tomorrow.) I'm busy gathering all the information I will need for the show in Los Angeles. I've given some (very little) thought to my teaching which begins very soon. South Africa seems to be on hold for the moment. We lost our major funding, so who knows what the future will bring.  Ever fluid, swirling out of my control. I go with the flow.
I find I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Be well, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I sure hope you get to South Africa! Enjoy your last few days there and then it will be home to your husband.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete