Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Dearest Sister!

How wonderful to talk to you today. Your grief is profound and frankly life changing. I think all of us with husbands of so many years can at least begin to anticipate the pain you are having. .. (look at many of us.. so many of us have married and have been together since our twenties. Marilyn and Tim... You and MIke. Me and Phil.. Michelle  and whatever his name is.. Ha. .. Sue  and whatever his name is.. after her first husband... okay..my theory is starting to fall apart.. WAIT! Celia and Billy. Yes.. They have been married since they were 18 yrs. old! Fuck all. My point is.. I think many of us married young and found FAMILY. We were a group of profoundly good and honest women loving not only each other but the world around us. We were/are kind. And generous.. And chose good folk to marry. How did we know and why are we all finding each other again. Gosh... I can't believe I am saying this, but was it LOUISVILLE? So many of us ran away from that tiny school. I went to UCLA partly because it was So BIG! I ran away from all the teenage things.. and yet.. NOW I realize, we were in fact more family and more like sisters than anywhere else. How wondrous to return to y'all. How amazing to know that I've been missing you and didn't even know it. You, all of you, know me better than anyone I've met after. Ladies. I love you. 

K. THIS IS FROM MEMORY..

At Dawning of Life We Stand
We are guided by your helping hand.
We have opened our hearts to the wisdom of his will
Lead us to his strength oh Lousiville.
My alma mater we bring to thee
Our love our hope our family
OH LOUISVILLE. Our LOUISVILLE.
Dieu La Vie oh LOUIS VILLE (sung with gusto.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment