Sunday, February 27, 2011

SNOW!

The winter in Sunland has become a glorious cacophony of images and sounds. The sounds of silence. The quiet. The fallen snow. (Can one have a cacophony of silence? Yes. I think so.)

It has SNOWED in my backyard! Love this. Love the weather! Well, my husband thinks I'm weird, I'm obsessed with the Weather Channel. That's okay...I don't care.

 It SNOWED in my BACKYARD! Wow! We went to Trader Joe's and it SNOWED on the way back! (I live in Los Angeles, we don't know from snow, we don't even know how to drive in the rain.)

Out here we are confused with rain. We take out our cameras when it hails. Snow just confuses all of us. The children on my block were jumping and screaming, "That's snow! It's snow!" Delighted and dancing. Magical for us. Really!

I know, dear readers, many of you are living in a hell of snow but for us it is weird and unusual and remarkable. We celebrate the snow! Our backyards get snow about once a generation. Once. (I didn't see snow in person until I was 14.)

What a day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment