Monday, February 14, 2011

Close Is For Horseshoes.

Some thoughts and observations:

My dear nephew just turned 15. I took him out to breakfast the other day and we went to Coco's. Coco's has a menu for those over 55. I remarked how old it made me feel.  He asked, "How old are you?" "I'm 56." "You aren't old, it's not like you're 80 or something!" Good boy!

Children will play wildly in parking lots and cautiously in playgrounds. (There may be some social element at work here.)

Crows are bigger at higher elevations. They are called RAVENS! 

You only see deer when no one else is looking.

Vodka tastes better with cigarettes. (Maybe the reverse is true too.)

Long walks are good for thinking.

Flowers will out. Even if it's just the dandelion.

Valentine's Day is nice with flowers.

Bamboo controlled is beautiful.

Bamboo out of control is a fire hazard.

Flowers from Dad on Valentine's Day.. oh! Such a wonderful surprise!

Optimism. 

Difficult days lead to restful weekends. (Let it be.)

I love crossword puzzles and sudoku. Wakes up my brain.

If you are having coffee later with a friend, don't drink coffee now!

Love being post-menopausal. Miss the children I never had.

Love being married. Why would you not want this? My best friend is with me everyday. 

Cooking is community. 

Flowers in the house make me happy.

Work makes me happy.

My husband makes me happy.

I got flowers, I got a husband. I'm a happy girl. 

I need another job.

Close is for horseshoes. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish your blog entries had a "like" or actually a "love" button - like on Facebook :-)
    This was delightful! Denise!

    ReplyDelete