Friday, February 12, 2010

Waiting.

Waiting can be an activity in and of itself. I can be an active waiter. Wait! That is not what I mean. I am an active wait-er. Hmm. I am waiting and doing.
This picture is a long view of the street where I live. It was taken one day after some fierce rainstorms. You can see the intense blue sky but you can't see the blossoming green on the hills; it is there.
The same day looked like this:
and this:
Clearly, I was taking a picture of a telephone pole artistically placed.

I got my hair cut today and my nails done. (My friends will laugh. They think that is all I ever do.) And yes, my toes can be seen from space.

I see my dad once a week or more. I cook and hang with my husband. I talk to my (local) niece and nephew often. I meet with one sister or another and have plans to go shopping with my 81 year old aunt. I am making plans to see 2 local pieces of theatre, both to support actors I know and love. I am investing time in a theatre company I think will become important. I haven't cleaned my house or gone through all those boxes in the garage. I'm just too busy! (But, there they are. More to do!)

Waiting can be active.

No comments:

Post a Comment