Friday, February 5, 2010

Open Eyes.

Home and I still need the t.v. for late night company. Its flickering lights remind me how easy it is to stay in touch with the world. And yet.

We write to each other on facebook, and through the occasional email. We (well, I don't) text, and leave messages, saying, "Tag, you're it!" like children in a game. We connect and wander away again. We are tentative and safe. We don't really connect. We never touch.

I miss the touch. This may be why I've been spending so much time with my family lately. My friends and colleagues coalesce and disperse like so many jellyfish, or better yet, krill. (Think of those Nature programs... or "Finding Nemo".) I understand. We all have our troubles, our joys, and our attention has to be limited and focused, but...
My family is there, all the time. Lucky for me, I actually like my family.

I saw these yellow flowers today. They were a little parasitic, climbing on two different trees. They were beautiful and weird; otherworldly and odd. I struggled to find sense in them. I liked these bizarre yellow flowers.

Life is a bit like my yellow flowers. Each day presents something new, odd, maybe parasitic, and a bit challenging. I open my eyes in wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment