Thursday, February 4, 2010

Smart Children Playing.

Some days we are reminded that the world is full of more important things than lack of income or security in some unknown future. Some days are important because one's husband's hand has freed up a bit and he can play his guitar again, better than most people on the planet. Some days are important because an absent friend has reached out and asked some very concerned questions. Some days the walk we take alone provides clarity, beauty and a bit of humor.

This is Big Tujunga Wash after our last big rains.
The Mountains in the background have a whisper of snow.
All the people had to come see.
Inspiring and calming.

Sometimes I think my neighborhood looks like a painting.

Then, I come upon this sign. I see this sign once or twice a week. I always think, "Alas the poor children, do my neighbors have to tell everyone?"
How about "Smart Children Playing"?

No comments:

Post a Comment