Monday, January 7, 2013

What Comes To Pass.

I am not poor. I want to make that very clear before I write the following post. People all over the world are suffering in poverty and that is not what I am talking about here. I ache for them and if I thought $25 would help I would send it, and I do.

Trying to look at the positive.
When one has very little or no money coming in, one is glad one anticipated an eventuality one never really thought would come to pass. When one is so good at one's work the idea that she would have trouble finding that work (always in the back of one's mind but didn't really believe) was anathema. Well, here it is.

I have work but I am underemployed. I have more work coming but it won't pay enough to replace what we've had to spend to get through these tough times. We've put away a sum of money that will take us through these times.. but it won't last if the tough times continue. I know many are struggling and wondering how far their savings will take them. And this is the worst time. Property taxes are due. Insurance policies are due. These are large expenditures. Then.. the sink stops working...

Ah, life.

Okay.. The upside to "feeling" poor. (Again..I am not poor. I am just underfunded. )
You can't eat cookies you don't buy.
You walk to the post office to save gas.
You exercise in your room and do not join a gym.
You find amazing products at the dollar store. Just what you NEED! Amazing.
1 pound of meat for 2 people can last three days if prepared properly.
Cooking at home seems more expensive, but in fact is cheaper.. Leftovers! YaY! Love leftovers. Just have to re-heat.
Drinking less.
Smoking less.
My nails are a mess and need addressing.. sorry, off topic..
Walking more.

It is a bit hard right now. It will get better. I will I will I will do whatever needs to be done. In the meantime.. I am doing less and looking in my pantry and trying to bring something fresh to the table.

That is all I have to say.
xo
m.




1 comment:

  1. Spot on Mary - it's the small things you do that add to the big savings in one's life. In more ways than financial also :-) Love ya, Denise!

    ReplyDelete