Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strange Dreams.

There I am. And Here I am. I'm in Connecticut. Oh, gosh.. I love typing that. I am doing the Tempest with Darko Tresjnak and the wonderful Sara Topham and the glorious Daniel Davis. The rest of the cast is marvelous... Jonathan Fried, Michael Spencer-Davis, Bruce Turk, David Barlow, Shirine Babb, Christopher Randolph, Joshua Dean, Patrick Riley, and the most wonderful Nobel Shopshire. I have a few extraordinary students.. Ben Cole as Caliban and Alex Saffer as the Boatswain. My cast includes a couple of more students: The wonderful Mark Ford and my beautiful dancers, Jane Cracovaner, Jillian Greenberg and Ananstasia Duffany. I love my most beautiful ladies!

Oh, there is the part of me that has to admit... I lost my last big job because the new artistic director thought I was too proprietary about my company. Can't help it. The company is MY company. I take care of them. They are my charge. I don't know how to do it else.

I had a dream last night. It was very vivid and very real. A dear friend of mine... let's call him Tom, came to visit me. We went with a group-load of people to a restaurant.. oddly an Asian/Russian what-ever you can eat kind of place. I started for the borscht... odd choice for me.. looked around and my friend was gone. Everyone was gone. So, I went home. Apparently I lived with Rosanne and her sister, played by Laurie Metcalf. I got home and Laurie was having a breakdown. A full diva breakdown. I found myself dragging Laurie Metcalf on my shoulders across Rosanne's living room. Okay.. not Rosanne's living room, but the one in Death Becomes Her. I can see the wooden floor and the glorious carpet. Rosanne started yelling at me. Screaming. I dropped Laurie Metcalf to the floor and left. Rosanne's screams echoing in my ears. Weird dream. Took me a while to wake up from that! Oh, and where o where was my friend who left me in an Asian/Russian restaurant with a bowl of Borsht?

So, clearly, I have some issues, my dear readers. I was feeling abandoned.. a bit.. at least in the dream... and ... well I will leave the rest to you.

xo
m.

1 comment:

  1. I bet I could figure this dream out, based on our conversation last night!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete