Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dad O.

It is late. My husband has gone to bed. I have these lonesome night times to compose a few little thoughts I wanted to share with y'all.

On my way to work, last week, I had to pause before getting on the freeway so two horses with riders could pass. That is where I live. How cool is that! I smiled all day.

My Dad came HOME today. yeah!  Yay! I thought I was going to lose him. But he survived the initial heart surgery and survived the subsequent emergency surgery and is recovering. OH my goodness. He is okay! He is home! We hired 24 hour care for right now. We will never send Dad to a nursing home. He will live in his home til the day he dies. My sister Dedie is a hero. She arranged all this. My dad thinks god made him sick to bring me and my siblings closer together. He actually said this. (This surprised me.) But, you know what? I realized my sisters and my brother are in fact my best friends.

So, I saw snow in the local mountains just in time for Christmas.

I am shopping tomorrow, but only for special people. My Dad's girlfriend.. she needs a really good present. She has been great. This would piss my dead mother off, but... We love her. Helen is so dedicated to my Dad.  I know Mom would forgive us. (Dad talks about Mom constantly.)

This post is a a little more personal than I usually post. I like to be less direct. But. I am overwhelmed with happiness that Dad O is back home.

Oh... that is is what I've always called my dad... Dad O. Don't know why. It is one of those things that just is.

Hope y'all have a Great  Holiday Season!

xoxo
m.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for you that your dad is home. I think that the older we get we come to the realization that our parents aren't going to live forever. I really treasure time I have with my Mother and we have a good time. Doesn't heal the pain of losing my Dad... Merry Christmas to you and Phil and the Klinger family! Love you and miss you....

    ReplyDelete