Sunday, April 10, 2011

Algorithms That Don't Work.

Old men get passes. We can't help letting them. When they've been kind and good and generous all their lives, I guess we have to let them, with a disapproving eye, say to the 25 year old Hostess, "You have a beautiful bosom!" We (I)  have to point out the sexism, but then accept that someone 85 years old probably knows what he is doing. Especially when he is so solicitous later. (By the way, the 25 year old LOVES him, calls him by his first name.) He offers the disapproving daughter another margarita and wonders if she needs any financial help.  He says, "What? I' was giving her a compliment!"

By the way...

There are algorithms for smaller prime numbers, but not for really large ones. None that work. Apparently this is an age old math problem. Apparently, the lack of that algorithm is the basis for all firewalls.

Bohr's model of the atom is inaccurate. I'm just saying.

Einstein was right about many things. I have some suggestions for a nice cleansing shampoo and a cream rinse.

If you look just at my feet you might think I am twenty. I learned a lot from my grandmother. Mostly, by looking at her feet. Yeah. I don't actually wear shoes very often.

The cigarette you need is the one you wish you didn't have to duck out to have. It is the most isolating.

I once was a math major, then a theatre major, then a pre-med major, then a theatre major. Then I got a teaching credential in English. I now work in theatre and teach theatre. Go figure.

Why is my leather couch splitting after only 10 years? The leather chair is fine.

On the very few occasions when the lights go out we are disappointed when the lights come on again.
We enjoyed the challenge of living in the dark.

When are men going to wake up and realize that "women's issues" are not all about abortion?

Imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment