Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thinking Of Dying My Hair.

I'm getting my upper eyelids lifted.  It is not conceit or a desire to look younger, but an immediate need. I can't see very well.

I went to the eye doctor this week complaining how poor my vision was at night. I couldn't really "see" the t.v., even with my glasses. My eyes felt tired.

She said to me... "relax your eyebrows... relax." She then pulled and analyzed and called out incomprehensible numbers to the nurse and handed me a mirror, again saying, "relax your eyebrows."  Oh, my gosh. Half my lids were covering half my eyes! Apparently, during the day I open up my eyebrows and widen my eyes just so I can see past the overhanging lids. I showed my husband and my manicurist and my dad. All said, "Wow! Your Doctor is right! I never noticed!" Yeah, me neither.

I've been deceiving myself... god knows I don't look in the mirror without raising my eyebrows first, and I've been deceiving my friends. Apparently I hold my eyes wide open and my eyebrows up ALL DAY LONG!  No wonder I'm tired at night and can't see!

Sometimes a simple complaint can lead to a revelation.

I need the surgery to see better. Hmm.. cool. I'll also look younger!

I'm thinking of dying my hair.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Mary. You will be a new person, younger and less tired at the end of the day! Hugs, hon!

    ReplyDelete