Monday, January 3, 2011

It Felt Like Morning All Day.

I went on a New Year's Day walk. How beautiful the sky appeared after all the rain we've had! My neighbors and animal friends greeted me throughout the walk.  I set out on my walk about 1:30 in the afternoon. The first couple I ran into said, "Good Morning." You know I said, "Good Morning" back.

I passed by some of my favorite dogs. Just up the street, my neighbor, Richard, used to have a ferocious golden retriever.. believe it or not.. that never ceased barking at me. Even Richard was amazed. That dog has since died and has been replaced with a Rottweiler.  I walk past the house and of course, the dog barks.. but I say, "Good girl. What a good girl doing your job! Oh, what a good dog." The dog stops barking and wiggles her tail and her whole rear end and has since become my friend.

I wander on and come across one of my favorite dogs. He is a white puff behind a very dense fence. He is a teeny tiny dog. He sees me and barks and then spins around and then barks again and then spins around and then barks... until I am out of sight.  Weird little dog.

I visit my two boxers who've never barked at me.. they come to their fence to say hello. When the kids from the local high school walk by they can not be quieted. But they never bark at me.

I walked by a home with a new puppy. Sweet. He'd not quite figured out he should be protecting the house and instead just looked sorrowful. He never barked. I wanted to hug him.

I saw a man pushing a baby carriage and walking a very small dog. He was pushing the carriage in the street but insisted the dog stay on the sidewalk. The dog was very joyful, having the time of his life. The man made sure the dog's leash didn't get tangled and wished me a good morning. (It was 2pm.)

I made my way back toward my home, getting on to 3 in the afternoon. I ran into an elderly couple walking. The husband said, "Good Morning!" Then, embarrassed he said, "I guess I should say, Good Afternoon." I said, "It is okay. It feels like morning!" He agreed.

It felt like morning all day.

New Year's Day.

Good Morning!

1 comment:

  1. This was sweet Mary. They need a "like" button - like on FB :-)

    ReplyDelete