Monday, December 20, 2010

Jing Jing Jing-A-Ling.

I just returned from an amazing whorlwind of a weekend. (Yes, I mean whorl.) It was round about and kinetic, frantic and loads of fun. I took a road-trip with one dear friend and met up with two others. 
Paso Robles Babes 
This was after the first couple of glasses of wine. (Thanks, Mike for the picture!)

My dear friends from high school. We look a bit older... okay.. I know... we look our age. But to each other we look the same. We certainly seem the same (ask anyone of them). Years since we've been together and I think our joy is apparent. A little bit of a time warp and not. 

We've all been married for years, two of us have children. (2 boys and 2 girls between us.. not bad.) Without going into details... We had "the best of times" and have shared some of "the worst of times."

There is something about hanging with people one has known for ... let me see, we all met in 1968. Is that possible? We've known each other for 42 years! Hard to beat that. One sort of has to go back to one's parents and siblings for any longer relationship. (My Aunt will take exception to that comment.) One has to figure, if some one has liked you for 42 years, one is gonna be hard-pressed to do something to change that!  

Comfort and community and very good friendship.

Facebook put us all together. Amazing. I'm grateful. We will do this again. We will not wait another 25 or more years. These women are too valuable to lose twice!

And so... back to Christmas!
And back to our little home and our much admired little Christmas tree. Phil finally has his eye surgery tomorrow, fixing a blocked tear duct. I'm nearly done with all the present shopping and just have some holiday brunch shopping to complete. (The stage manager in me wants everything done now, no time to waste!) I've got cookies and bread to bake filling the house with the glorious seasonal smells. If you didn't get a Christmas card from us, I'm sorry, but this season has been just a bit too busy and a bit too short. I'll catch you next year! (Or, you may get a card on the 27th..)

I'm loving and hating all the rain. It is glorious and a pain in the ass all at the same time. 

I pick up the hams Thursday. (One for Dad!)

Jing jing jing-a-ling. 


   

4 comments:

  1. So glad you all had a good time, Mary. It shows!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved meeting up with all of you because we all still hear the music. The beat that puts the snap in our jokes,rhythm in our patience and soul in our sincerity. I loved it because it was a meeting of souls not of age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you must of had! Great making new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's the blonde? Carol, Sue Gordon, and I want to get together with you girls.........

    ReplyDelete