Tuesday, March 31, 2020

To Corwin

I had a dream last night that seemed fairly long and involved. I was stage managing Lady Day at The Emerson Bar and Grill. You came in to give me sound cues. For some reason I didn't have a prep week and was also laying out the floor. I was doing it from memory from the show with Karole Foreman. Charlayne was there. It was the first day of rehearsal! Daniel Sullivan was directing but he wouldn't be there for two weeks so Charlayne and I were starting without him. (This actually happened on another show. I didn't remember that in the dream.) Because I had an old floor plan the door to backstage was set at centerstage and looked like the front door of the club. Charlayne wanted the door to be really ornate. Wooden with curly cues. It suddenly occurred to me that the door needed to be a door to backstage. Oh yeah! We both remembered it was off-centered. To the SL. We talked about a door again and you said.. "Hey, hey, hey! I'm right here." Oh yeah! In my dream you were also the Set Designer. (Sorry Ed Haynes) You helped us fix the problem. See! Jobs where none seem to exist! (My mind.)
1

No comments:

Post a Comment